Friday, February 4, 2011

ΝΥΧ Box of smokey look Collection (Classic, Purple,Bronze,Natural smokey)

Hello, everyone sorry it has taken me sooo long to make a new post.
Today I'll be reviewing a NYX palette that contains all 4 smokey kits, and other stuff.




When you first look at the palette it's nothing big. I would compare it to a small book. The packadging is sturdy and simple. As you can see it's full with my fingerprints :P

 Opening the palette you see 4 rows. Now this is described as a palette that simply has all the smokey looks together but I'm telling you, the original smokey palettes DO NOT have that many colors. I have classic smokey and bronze smokey and they are not like this. The shadows are very good and pigmented. Despite that I find myself not using the top row one just because they are not in a pan and the colors kind mix together which I hate. Good color selection.

Close ups of the shadows.
Purple

Classic

Bronze

Natural
As you can see the natural smokey colors very much resemble the colors of Too Faced naked palette.





Now the blushes are pigmented but they just don't blend very well on my skin. Especially the middle one is waaaaaay to red. The contour colors are just fine.

The lipsticks are nice but nothing special. Not very pigmented expect one or two.




Now I was so excited about the glitter yet it turned out awful! It's pretty much vaseline with glitter on top.>:(


Proof the glitter is awful



Proof the correctors are awful.

OVERVIEW

  • Shadows pigmented
  • Wide selection of colors
  • So-so blushes and contouring
  • Hmm with the lipsticks
  • Awful glitter and correctors
How much do you need this? Percentage wise I'd say around 60% and only for the eyeshadows.
Is it worth 22$? Mieh, probably not.
Until next time,
 Alaeis

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a very thorough review - appreciate it very much!

    I can tell that you put a lot of hard work into this post because of all the photos you had to take and all the colours you tried! Good job! I'm sure that many people will find this very helpful as I did.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete